Kevin forwarded me this email while we were on the phone tonight.
Subject: Even God enjoys a good laugh
There were 3 good arguments that Jesus could have been Black:
1. He called everyone “brother”
2. He liked Gospel
3. He couldn’t get a fair trial.
But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was Jewish:
1. He went into His Father’s business.
2. He lived at home until He was 33.
3. He was sure His Mother was a virgin and His mother was sure He was God.
But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus could have been Italian:
1. He talked with His hands.
2. He had wine with every meal.
3. He used olive oil.
But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus could have been a Californian:
1. He never cut His hair.
2. He walked around barefoot all the time.
3. He started a new religion.
But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus could have been Irish:
1. He never got married.
2. He was always telling stories.
3. He loved green pastures.
But the most compelling evidence of all – 3 proofs that Jesus could have been a woman:
1. He fed a crowd at a moment’s notice when there was no food.
2. He kept trying to get a message across to a bunch of men who just didn’t get it.
3. And even when He was dead, He had to get up because there was more work to do.
i’m still trying to figure out what is wrong with him. I can’t narrow it down. I asked him point blank…like what’s your problem, what is wrong with you? He doesn’t really have anything wrong with him that he can point out (like people can disclose whether they have been to jail, molested children). He’s got no problem telling me what people don’t like about him: he’s good at poker because he grew up playing card games in his family; he doesn’t drink, because he doesn’t like what it does to his body; he uses Luster’s Pink Lotion, which other white people may not understand. I have been asking him a series of questions: what is something that people find amazing about you? He sounds like Erik.
I am sure I have a vegas entry in me. It will come.