my day has been full of revelations. Actually,the whole week. You know, being that by wednesday I got to actually stop going down to the campus (I have trainings from wednesday on) so you know, you can gain a shit load of insight as you’re driving up Western towards Hollywood at 2 in the afternoon instead of being at work. CLARITY. so, the biggest thing i realized today was:
* I don’t have to teach in the inner city if I don’t want to. I can teach anywhere I want. I pictured myself away from Watts and somewhere where it is quiet and maybe even cold. Somewhere I can afford to have a one bedroom apartment on my salary. Somewhere where its not so hard.
*I need to change the way I view my own profession. I am a professional. there is nothing wrong with what I do, and how I do it. I am fabulous at my job…and you know what, I like it. and i’m good at it. and going back to school to clear my credential will make me even better at it.
*California is a big state, and i can be anywhere in it and be happy.
So, what do i want:
1. understanding/solid footing in this new position
2. a comfortable financial situation that is stable, not lavish.
3. a family of my own
4. a better relationship/commitment to my faith
5. a solid community of friends and family in which i feel comfortable
6. self security, self love without bounds