I had the weirdest craving for coffee and cookies. I have no idea where I have had the combination of cookies and coffee. My memory serves that it was like a vanilla coffee with cream and soft chocolate chip-esque cookies. Damn. I don’t believe that I will be able to replicate this taste and the memory into real life. Its so oddly sitting in the bottom of my stomach.
I made the most awesome dinner tonight. So awesome and so simple. Chicken breast cutlets seasoned in Santa Maria seasoning and cayenne pepper, pan cooked, and served on a hamburger bun. I ate mine with mayo, spicy yellow mustard, and spinach along with a spinach salad. Holy crizapp! I wanted to have a second one so badly, but I didn’t because that would have just been greedy.
I had a soy milk peppermint hot chocolate which was the exact opposite of a taste explosion. The soy milk and the hot chocolate create a marshmallow taste and the addition of the peppermint taste just made it worse. After that major fail I made a chocolate banana bread. That was way more of a taste sensation!
Chocolate Banana Bread
- 1 1/4th cup of all purpose flour, plus extra flour for dusting loaf pan
- 1/4th cup cocoa powder
- 3/4th cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter melted yet chilled
- 1/4th cup plain yogurt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Lightly grease 9×5 inch loaf pans and coat the sides of the dusting pan with flour. Make sure to dust the pan evenly and discard the extra flour in the loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, use a wooden spoon to mix together the bananas,yogurt, butter, vanilla, and eggs.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, sugar, baking soda and cocoa.
- Fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture. Fold until every thing is evenly blended. It will be thick and chunky, depending on the consistency of the mashed bananas.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean.
- Allow loaf to cool before cutting and serving.
Sean wanted to eat the whole thing. I am surprised that I came home and it was still there!